Wednesday, January 18, 2012

some things are awesome

The other day Bob was channel surging and we ended up watching Just Married.  One line in the movie really stuck with me...

...you never see the hard days in a photo album... but those are the ones that get you from one happy snapshot to the next...

It seems like this blog has become the place where I share more about the bad days, and end up leaving out the happy snapshots.  It got me thinking about something that I am very well aware of, but rarely say out load.  I know that so far I haven't been very good at including pictures with my posts, so, in tribute to my love for making lists, here are some things that I think are awesome:

1. last week, a group of 80 family members got together to celebrate Bob's grandma's 90th birthday.  she still lives on her own.  she knows all her kids, grandkids and great grandkids.  not just knows by name, but actually knows them and their personality.

2. my family.  my parents, my brother and sister, my brothers and sisters in law, bobs parents, my nieces and nephews, my aunts, uncles and cousins.  i could write a pages on how each of these people has bettered my life, but i dont want to bore you, so just trust me. 

3. i am married to bob.  every day, i am so thankful that i chose to go to a teeny tiny college in a very small town for all the wrong reasons. thankful that i walked into bdubbs at the beginning of junior year to get a job, and thankful that i was able to transfer home for the summer so i could meet bob.  im thankful that we learned to like each other and then fell in love.

4. during this entire ivf process, i have been introduced, via email, to two total strangers.  these women have spent countless hours first forcing me to talk, then answering any and every questions i could possibly have.  ive never been more thankful for the kindness of someone that doesnt know me at all.

5. i had an awesome moment with a close enough to call it family member where he pulled me aside and told me that he would pray for us.  it was genuine, unexpected and exactly what i needed to hear at the time.

6. i have a client that goes out of her way to show her support and understanding for what we're going through.

7. my friends.  they make me smile, and laugh.  they are the reason for some of my most awesome memories.  and they all try to understand something they have never experienced themselves.

8. the double chick flick weekend bob and i have planned for Feb 10 and 11.  the vow comes out on friday night and breaking dawn comes out on dvd on saturday.  somehow, i got him to agree to watch both.

9. i'm going to boulder at the end of the month.  its about time for a getaway, and i could not be more excited to see my family!

10. i have a really cool job.  of course, its stressful and can be frustrating at times, but i am so lucky to go to work every day AND to actually enjoy being there.

11. knitting. 

12. annnddddd the color pink.

1 comment: