Monday, July 2, 2012

Guess What?!?!?!

Bob and I are having a baby!!!! 

After quite a journey, we can now officially say we are going to be parents.  Typing and saying those words is so surreal.  For as much as I have tried to be positive and optimistic from the beginning, there were days where it was hard to believe  it would happen, but still...here we are!

So, I'm about 10 weeks along.  Still in the first trimester.  I don't have an official due date yet, but according to all the online calculators I've used, it's January 29. 

I feel great.  I am lucky to say I haven't had any morning sickness or bad symptoms yet.  I am tired and hungry all the time.  Actually, the lack of symptoms has made me a little paranoid, because it makes it hard to believe it's real!  Bob tries to laugh it off and remind me how lucky I am to feel good.  I even talked to our fertility doctor about it.  He told me it's great, but it's completely normal to be as worried as I am. 

I know some people are curious about what it took to get us to this point, so I have written a few posts to explain the process, which started a little over 2 months ago.  I have them linked below.  Read them if you're interested.  Either way, the outcome is the same - theres a BABY in MY belly!!!!!!

IVF Process - April 11, 2012

IVF Process - April 19, 2012

IVF Process - April 26, 2012

IVF Process - May 7, 2012

IVF Process - May 23 - June 27, 2012


We can't thank you enough for your love and support!!!

I can't say enough how lucky we are to have the friends and family that we do.  I can't say enough how lucky I am that I married Bob.  I've mentioned before that this blog is honestly for me more than anything.  I write so I can understand and I write so I can remember.  I also write because I hope someone else will stumble on this and it will help them.  We were lucky to have people placed in our life since our diagnosis that have been or are in similar situations as us. 

3 comments:

  1. Finally!!! I honestly couldn't be more happy for you and bob, the phone call wih the good news was one I will never forget. I'm also so glad you get to experience this and go through it all before I do because when it's my turn I can turn to my best friend for advice and I'm sure a million questions! :) I love you guys....baby embry is so lucky to have you 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you guys and can't wait to hear more about your journey but better yet i can't wait to hold that baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa...I just got done reading all of your posts. I have tears in my eyes. I cant tell you how happy I am for you and Bob. What an amazing journey you both have taken...and NEVER MENTIONED A WORD TO US! Dang it girl...we could have sent some good vibes up for you! LOL WE love you both and cant wait to meet see the new addition. I love how our family keeps growing!!!

    Love you!

    Dina

    ReplyDelete